The Upright Go is a biofeedback device designed to train you into a better posture.
A slouching posture can have a range of detrimental effects on a person:
- Overworked, tired muscles and under-developed, weak muscles.
- Increased pressure on the neck and upper back with a large increase in the effective weight of the head.
- Knock-on negative effects to the rest of the spine as it adapts to inefficient weight distribution.
- Decrease in height and a less confident appearance.
- Can lead to further worsening of the posture if not addressed.
Like any bad habit, if you want to make a long-lasting change you have to put in a consistent effort. Practice makes perfect, which is why this small device has big potential. With gravity always pulling you down and modern lifestyles being more busy and sedentary, it can be difficult to always pay attention to what your back is doing. Changing your posture is hard, but it doesn’t have to be.
The Upright Go is an easy to use, lightweight device. It includes an accelerometer to detect the angle of your body’s posture, an LED indicator, a button to turn it on and to interact with, a battery that will last up to 12 hours per charge, a vibrator to warn you when your posture’s off and Bluetooth to connect to your phone and the dedicated Upright Go app.
The sophisticated free mobile app then adds more features including data analysis, goal setting, tracking and training modes, the ability to change the way the Upright Go operates and inbuilt live customer support.